The White House has released a press briefing regarding strong measures to enhance vote security, that President Donald Trump is advancing to ensure no person, or entity, is able to illegally manipulate the elections of the United States of America again.
There has recently been an extreme amount of political attention, to include Rod Rosenstein convening a Special Counsel under Robert Mueller, about the Russian’s allegedly “hacking” the 2016 U.S. Presidential election. The DNC and Hillary Campaign are the biggest proponents of that circumspect narrative, but in standard fashion, the Failed Corporate Media (FCM) formerly the “Mainstream” or “Mockingbird” Media (MSM), has piled on in epic support, leaving those who question them struggling for facts.
In a fun twist of narratives, the Trump White House, while still rightfully denying any collusion or coordination between Mr Trump and Vladimir Putin, or other Russians, agreed that it was imperative to ensure that elections are not vulnerable to tampering from ANY illegal entity, foreign or domestic, namely the DNC!
On 2 August 2018, the White House released the following:
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR ELECTIONS: President Donald J. Trump is committed to protecting our Nation’s elections from foreign interference.
- President Trump has made clear that his Administration will not tolerate foreign interference in our elections from any nation state or other malicious actor.
- President Trump chaired National Security Council meetings on May 3 and July 27 to receive updates on and discuss the whole-of-government approach to election security being implemented at his direction.
- This whole-of-government approach was put in motion at the beginning of the Administration to support State and local election officials across the country.
- President Trump’s meetings have addressed:
- The threats posed to our elections by foreign actors.
- Efforts underway to provide cybersecurity assistance to State and local authorities.
- Actions to investigate, prosecute, and hold accountable those who attempt to interfere in our electoral processes.
STRENGTHENING ELECTION SECURITY: The Trump Administration is helping State and local authorities bolster their defenses against cyber operations targeting our elections.
- The Trump Administration is working to provide State and local authorities with the support they need to defend against attempts to interfere in our elections.
- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is working with all 50 States, local governments, and the private sector to strengthen election security.
- DHS is sharing information across all levels of government to ensure a coordinated response to any election interference attempt.
- The Administration provided on-site cybersecurity support to States during the 2017 elections.
- A new pilot program was launched to enable State and local officials and the Election Assistance Commission to share information on Election Day and allow for rapid response.
- The Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation are working to investigate and disrupt any threats to our election systems and alert potential victims and targets.
- The Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) and DHS hosted classified briefings for election commissioners and State election officials from all 50 States.
- These briefings provided insight into what the intelligence community is doing to assist DHS ahead of 2018 and 2020 elections.
- ODNI held the first-ever Federal Election Table Top Exercise to improve information sharing.
- ODNI leads an interagency working group of cyber and counterintelligence experts focused on ongoing information sharing and integration of election security efforts.
- DHS recently held a National Cybersecurity Summit, bringing together stakeholders from Government, industry, and academia to advance cybersecurity.
- The summit served as a launching point for a number of DHS cybersecurity initiatives.
- DHS is launching a National Risk Management Center to coordinate Government and private sector risk management efforts to defend of our critical infrastructure.
The prospect of reinstating the INTEGRITY of our VOTE is high, and one of the tip top, tippy top, most important things we can be doing for our country.
There is a RELATED ARTICLE from FOX News, in January 2018, that also pertains to the progress of this initiative.